So you’ve just been asked to be a bridesmaid! How exciting! But as any former bridesmaid can attest to, your journey is going to be a fun but sometimes emotional one. Prepare yourselves, bring tissues, and have the best time.
1. Excitement – You just got the news from your bestie! Insert: gushing and hugs. You had your place reserved.
2. Consolatory – Stephanie didn’t get asked to be a bridesmaid and she called you crying.
3. Annoyed – Now she’s spreading rumors and telling everyone that she thinks your bestie’s engagement ring is too small. You’re pissed but you move on.
4. Procrastination – The drama wears off and you guys hang out per usual and almost forget about the wedding.
5. Motivated – Your bestie emails everyone and says that it’s time to do some planning. Your “Bestie’s Big Day <3” board has like 100 pins. Totes ready.
6. Intimidated – One of the other bridesmaids is apparently an organizational wizard. She’s already scheduled the next 6 months. Down to the minute.
7. Frustrated – Agreeing on the right bridesmaid’s dress seems more difficult than traveling to Mordor. You just don’t even care anymore. And you have to spend how much?
8. Exhausted – Helping to plan the bridal shower is just too much. You’re thinking that it might be easier to just have it in the basement of a Pizza Hut.
9. Delight – Your bestie loved the shower and you feel awesome. The bridesmaid dresses are chosen, everything is coming together.
10. Elation – It’s time for the bachelorette party! You’ve never seen a stripper before and you’re wondering why. Rapping along to Iggy like it’s no one’s business.
11. Regret – The mother of all hangovers.
12. Anxiety – You’ve been too distracted by all the planning that you’ve forgotten about the whole date thing.
13. Self-pity – The only person available is that guy you met at the gym. You used to call him short shorts man.
14. Fear – It’s the day of the wedding. You’re running all over. So much to do, so little time. And what if you fall or mess up the toast?
15. All the Feels – Your bestie just looks so stunning and happy, you can’t handle it. Mascara runs down your face throughout the day.
16. Relief – Your bestie’s happy so you’re happy and you actually look really cute in your dress. Time to dance and flirt with the bartender.